The three coolest things about the REDBULL triple set contest in order:
- When they played “Hot Nigga” by Bobby Schmurda then turned it off cuz it’s too fire.
- Deaf Jeff triple flipping and frontside 360 pressure flipping the set
- Smolik stealing the mic during the awards yelling “Black Ass Woogie!!!”
- The bar
- Actual hot girls who seemed to be remarkably DTF
- Tyrone Olson’s illusionary flippery
- Sk8mafia. Like, just as a general statement… Sk8mafia.
- Shuriken’s no-comply tail slide down the hubba
- 619 chair-man firecrackering the trips
- The fact that I only shot the event because I saw the line and thought, “I’m not waiting in that fucking line.”
All dub step aside; it was remarkably un-sucky for a corporate skate contest. It’s good to see that San Diego can still put on a show. Basically what I am saying is I hope these motherfuckers got warmed up because I’m still trying to shoot a trick on the real Sports Arena triple.