Chris Russell bullied me into going to his birthday party in Long Beach. It was pouring rain, it stunk like shit and it was full of a ton of drunk hessians… it was fucking sick! HBD Muscle!
And so it begins.
Man of the hour!
Muscle’s new 6 week boot sponsor.
Cole was in literally 85% of the photos.
Oliver tried to ghost smfh.
Trench-lord spots gunning op…
Gunning op successful.
When Lefty looks like this, move away.
All aboard the Hesh Train.
Full speed ahead.
Smoke ’em if you got ’em.
Channel the Lords of Dark Metal.
We get it Cole, you have a peepee.
Rain washed away some of the barf.
Shit got real.
…Or is it!? “Hey ladies”
Side note: It was raining so hard on the way home I got onto the wrong freeway and drove to downtown LA instead of San Diego. Basically what I’m saying here is that if @chrisrussell_mbk didn’t get laid, I’m gonna be really fucking mad at him.
We live in arguably the best time that’s ever existed for skateboarding. We have open access to every piece of media that’s ever been produced documenting our humble hobby. We can make our own videos in the palm of our hand, with no one telling us what or what not to do… which brings me to the point: knock it the fuck off.
I’m all for freedom and self expression, don’t get me wrong. What I’m not for is the global homogenization of progression. With so much access to information and an almost endless source for “inspiration” what’s ended up happening is, what I’m going to call the “what can I get away with generation”.
Now before you get all mad and say, “Tosh is a stupid old piece of shit” (please do say that actually), let me explain myself in a 5 point process for self awareness:
- Any time you think “what can I get away with”, you’re only defeating yourself. Sub that nocomply with a burtleman if you’re gonna be like that.
- The better you are at skateboarding, the more ridiculous your kit can be. Take @stephenlawer for example.
- Not everything has to be filmed.
- If you love your homie, tell him when he’s being an idiot. That’s your boy after all.
- Don’t take skateboarding for granted. It took yours and my dumbasses in. Let’s try and give it something back.
- (Bonus point) Just cuz she has a Thrasher shirt on doesn’t necessarily mean you should bang her… well, at least strap up.
And that my friends, is the 5 point process for success.
Glad to be back.
See ya’ll soon.
The three coolest things about the REDBULL triple set contest in order:
- When they played “Hot Nigga” by Bobby Schmurda then turned it off cuz it’s too fire.
- Deaf Jeff triple flipping and frontside 360 pressure flipping the set
- Smolik stealing the mic during the awards yelling “Black Ass Woogie!!!”
- The bar
- Actual hot girls who seemed to be remarkably DTF
- Tyrone Olson’s illusionary flippery
- Sk8mafia. Like, just as a general statement… Sk8mafia.
- Shuriken’s no-comply tail slide down the hubba
- 619 chair-man firecrackering the trips
- The fact that I only shot the event because I saw the line and thought, “I’m not waiting in that fucking line.”
All dub step aside; it was remarkably un-sucky for a corporate skate contest. It’s good to see that San Diego can still put on a show. Basically what I am saying is I hope these motherfuckers got warmed up because I’m still trying to shoot a trick on the real Sports Arena triple.
“I NEVER WOULD HAVE IMAGINED THAT A PIECE OF WOOD AND SOME WHEELS INSPIRE ME TO DO…. SOOOOOOO MUCH”
(one fuck of a lipslide)
So… I have been in SLC for 6 days. This place rules. All the kids are super hungry and shit is getting buck. I am going to be updating every day from now on…
It’s nice to be around people who have dreams. Being jaded is soooooo 2008. Fuck it. Skate every day, drink every night (albeit 3.5% alcohol beers haha).
Lizard summed it up best: PASSION.
Get it back. Skateboarding is the shit. It can never do you wrong.
See you guys tomorrow,